Required Courses & Estimated Costs
To earn a certificate all required courses must be completed with a grade of "C" or better and students must maintain a 2.0 overall GPA to graduate.
COURSE LIST (52-54 credits, catalog year 2020-21)
- AH 105 Calculations for Allied Health 3cr -OR-
- MTH 105 Math in Society 3cr -OR-
- minimum placement into MTH 060
- WR 065 Rhetoric and Critical Thinking II 4cr or higher -OR-
- BA 214 Business Communications 3cr -OR-
- minimum placement into WR 121 Academic Composition -OR-
- WR 121 Academic Composition plus WR 098 Writing Seminar
- BI 105 Essentials of Human Biology 3cr
- AH 115 Cultural Responsiveness in Allied Health
*Must be completed prior to the 2nd term of the cohort
- PHM 100 Pharmacy Technician Practice I 5cr.
- PHM 101 Pharmacy Tech Law and Ethics 3cr.
- PHM 110 Pharmacy Calculations 3cr.
- PHM 115 Retail Simulation Lab 2cr.
- PHM 120 Pharmacology I 5cr.
- PHM 130 Pharmacology II 5cr.
- PHM 140 Pharmacy Technician Practice II 5cr.
- PHM 145 Institutional Simulation Lab 2cr.
- PHM 181 Pharmacy Technician Seminar 2cr.
- PHM 190 Practicum I: Hospital/Institutional 4cr.
- PHM 191 Practicum II: Retail/Community 4cr.
ESTIMATED COSTS TO COMPLETE PHARMACY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATE
In addition to tuition (see tuition rates), the estimated costs for students to complete the entire program are:
- Books $500
- Program, Licensing and Exam Fees $800
- On-line Fees $300 ($10 per credit "online course" fee applied to all PHM courses)
- Equipment and Supplies $50
- Criminal History Check, Drug Screen and Immunization Tracking - $110
- Immunizations $200-$400 (if you don't have them already)
- CPR Certificate $60
Contact the Financial Aid office at 541-383-7260 to find out if you qualify for help with these costs. Students are responsible for costs related to travel to the COCC campus and practicum locations.