- Students will plan, arrange, and distinguish speeches for different purposes, including
speeches that entertain, inform and persuade.
- Students will develop support, including researched authorities, for their speeches.
- Students will craft verbal and nonverbal messages to suit particular audiences and
- Students will deliver timed speeches before audiences and respond to audience questions.
- Students will evaluate their own and others' speaking, identifying aspects of preparation,
arrangement, critical thinking, and delivery.
- Students will prepare and use visual aids.
- Students will be able to articulate the purpose and thesis of any oral presentation.