- Students will explain the transactional model of communication and describe how messages
may be sent and received at both conscious and unconscious levels.
- Students will describe the behaviors and attitudes used by the competent communicator
who adapts appropriately to contexts, other people, and the communicator's goals.
- Students will recognize the messages used to construct and maintain individual and
- Students will recognize that perceptions vary and demonstrate the ability to perform
- Students will recognize emotional triggers, identify the differences between emotions
and actions and practice the proper language to express emotions in a competent way.
- Students will demonstrate active listening through the use of paraphrasing, authentic
questions, and reflecting.
- Students will identify and demonstrate communication behaviors which contribute to
the creation of a positive psychological climate.
- Students will demonstrate how to respond non-defensively to criticism.
- Students will recognize that conflict is natural and demonstrate competent methods
of conflict management.
- Students will explain the steps of win-win conflict resolution, including the clear
message format for asking for behavioral change.