GS 105 General Science: Chemistry
GS 105 - General Science: Chemistry
The general course breaks down into specific outcomes:
- Understand and use the fundamental symbolic language of chemistry.
- Understand the fundamental composition and structure of matter; explain and predict its corresponding behavior.
- Understand the nature and types of energy; explain and predict its interaction with matter.
- Use mathematics to understand and solve chemical problems.
- Understand the process of scientific inquiry and apply the scientific method in the laboratory.
- Apply chemical concepts to new situations in our lives.
- Develop/improve critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Share one's ideas and value others' ideas.
- Employ teamwork and assessment tools for improving efficiency and gaining insight