Botany 203 Course Outcomes
Botany 203 - General Botany
Upon completion of this course, students will be expected to be able to:
- Understand and apply the basic principles and rules of botanical nomenclature, and use taxonomic literature.
- Be familiar with methods of systematics, both traditional and modern.
- Apply a working vocabulary used in description of plant structures.
- Understand the history of classification, and recognize various systems of classifying angiosperms.
- Use dichotomous keys for the identification of Pacific NW plant species.
- Recognize representatives of local flora; applying floral formulas and descriptions of major plant families and representative species found here in Central Oregon.
- Apply proper herbarium methods - collecitng, mounting, and keeping records.