Biology 101 Course Outcomes
Biology 101 - General Biology: Cells & Genes
Upon completion of this course, students will be expected to be able to:
- Recognize scientific hypotheses and assess the scientific validity of biological explanations.
- Generate logical interpretations and conclusions from graphs, models, and data of scientific research.
- Analyze the scientific evidence for the explanations of the origin of life.
- Model the processes of cell respiration and photosynthesis.
- Apply an understanding of the cell cycle to cellular abnormalities such as cancer.
- Explain the mechanisms for new genetic information
- Using Mendelian principles, predict genetic inheritance patterns.
- Describe gene expression and regulation.