How to Get Started in Aviation
1. Contact Karl Baldessari Aviation Program Director 541.318.3702 or Lisa Shipman Fixed Wing Instructor 541-318-3736 to review the program, degree requirements, program costs, and other important details.
Better yet, schedule time to visit us on campus by calling or emailing Karl. We enjoy
meeting with prospective students and we offer full tours of our campus and facilities.
2. At any point before your meeting with the Program Coordinator or while you are completing your financial aid application, complete the "Get Started" steps required of all new students . This web link provides details on applying for admission, placement testing, registration and more.
3. Students should get an FAA medical certificate before starting the aviation program. Visit the Medical link for medical requirement information.
4. The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) requires us to verify a students citizenship status. See the National Aviation Security link on the left menu far for more information.
5. Apply for financial aid early! Visit COCC's Student Financial Aid website for complete details and a link to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Additional information regarding industry scholarships and grants can be found on our Aviation Financial Aid page.