Clean Energy Diesel Technician (advanced)
This program trains students to be the key troubleshooter in figuring out a vehicles driveability problems. Students learn to identify everything from powertrain malfunctions to ignition failures and other engine-related problems using state-of-the-art computer diagnostic equipment, as well as the best way to fix the problem for the client. COCCs Engine Performance Technician program applies toward ASE certification in (A6) Automotive Electrical/Electronic Systems and (A8) Automotive Engine Performance.
This program also trains students on the operational principles and theory of: Hydraulically actuated Electronically controlled Unit Injection (HEUI) systems, the Electronic Unit Injection (EUI) systems, and the Common Rail (CR) systems, as they are applied to Diesel Engine Performance (A9).
- AUT 101 Basic Electricity for Automotive - 2
- AUT 102 Automotive Electric I - 4
- AUT 103 Automotive Electric II - 2
- AUT 104 Automotive Electric III - 2
- AUT 105 Diesel Performance I - 2
- AUT 106 Automotive Program Orientation - 1
- AUT 107 Mechanical Systems I - 3
- AUT 109 Mechanical Systems II - 1
- AUT 110 Small Gas Engines - 3
- AUT 111 Computerized Engine Controls - 5
- AUT 205 Engine Performance I - 2
- AUT 206 Engine Performance II - 2
- AUT 260 Diesel Performance II - 4