AAS Option: Technology in Electronics and Diagnostics (TED)
AAS Automotive Management with an OPTION in Technology in Electronics and Diagnostics
This degree option is in addition
to our current Master Automotive Technician Certificate and AAS in Automotive
Management. This new option emphasizes the electrical and electronic segments of the automotive
industry; it is based on
existing certificates. Three major areas are included in the option : Electric
and hybrid power systems, clean diesel, and on-board vehicle networking. The
title TED, places emphasis on the ever-advancing electronics that are contained
on all current vehicles, clearly stating the intent of the degree. Degree
seeking students are still able to take short-term certificate courses from
other certificate areas and receive a degree plus short-term certificates. The
certifying body for our automotive program is NATEF (National Automotive
Technicians Education Foundation). Many of the electronic competencies in
certifying areas, required by NATEF, are embedded into the current A1 through
A8 NATEF Certifications. A new A9 Certification - Light Diesel will be
required within the next few years. With the new degree, the Automotive Program
will be very effective preparing graduates for the current technology of
electronic based diesel vehicles.
Students who complete the first year must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or above.
Students must have a 3.0 or above on all Automotive courses.
A student application for second year of this program will be required.
The development of the student in the first year will include math, writing, computer skills, networking, along with electric and electronic based automotive courses.
The core of the second year will involve new courses in the following subject areas:
- Automotive Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEV)
- Clean Diesel Technology
- Automotive Controller Systems
Certificates will be offered to second year students in this program.
- Courses by Term - AAS Option: Automotive Technology in Electronics and Diagnostics
- Program Outcomes - AAS Option: Automotive Technology in Electronics and Diagnostics
In addition to this degree, 9 certificates will be awarded as well.
- Automotive Electrical Technician (basic)
- Automotive Electrical Technician (advanced)
- Automotive Engine Performance existing
- Automotive Heating and Air Conditioning
- Automotive Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEV) Level 1
- Automotive Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEV) Level 2
- Clean Diesel Technology
- Automotive Controller Systems Level 1
- Automotive Controller Systems Level 2