Figurative Clay Scupture
As a result of taking this course, students will:
- Manipulate a quantity of clay into a likeness of the human form using basic sculpture
and ceramic techniques.
- Create a realistic likeness of the human head by manipulating a clay cylinder using
compression, stretching, and addition.
- Identify from examples distinct historical stylistic treatments of the human form.
- Be able to create a likeness of the human form in a distinct historical style using
- Analyze a figurative sculpture in terms of the design continuum.
- Draw a likeness of the human form from a live model.
- Use a drawing from a live model as a reference in creating a 3-dimensional likeness
of the human form.
- Create drawings from reproductions of examples of distinct historical treatments of
the human form.
- Identify historic styles in the work of contemporary sculptors of the human form.