Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to meet the following outcomes:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Elements and Principles of Design, and successfully
apply Principles of Composition to artwork. (2-D Area Program Outcome)
- Create a variety of drawings and use a variety of drawing media.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize terminology and concepts of the discipline, verbally
and in writing.
- Experience the process of artistic creation, including the use of intuition in making
- Demonstrate the creative process of risk-taking, multiple attempts (drafting/redrafting),
discovery and experimentation.
- Explain, analyze and critically assess their work and the work of others through discussions
- Locate work produced for the course within the historical and cultural traditions
of 2- dimensional art.
- Demonstrate increased perception, increased powers of observation, improved drawing
skills and greater understanding of the arts.
- Learn to be open to unscheduled learning outcomes.