Basic Design 2-D
- Demonstrate an understanding of the elements and principles of design, and successfully
apply principles of composition to artwork. (2-D Area Program Outcome)
- Understand the basic visual forces we can use to achieve a composition.
- Appreciate the value of visual thinking and communication.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize terminology and concepts of the discipline, verbally
and in writing.
- Solve problems in your work.
- Develop habits for using studio time most effectively.
- Understand the value of intuition in the development of artistic sensibilities.
- Explain, analyze and critically assess your work and the work of others through discussions
- Locate work produced for the course within the historical and cultural traditions
of 2- dimensional art.
- Demonstrate increased perception of design concepts and improved design skills. Learn
to be open to unscheduled learning outcomes.