Required Courses & Estimated Costs
To earn a certificate all required courses must be completed with a grade of "C" or better and students must maintain a 2.0 overall GPA to graduate.
COURSE LIST (51 credits, catalog year 2017-18)
- WR 121 English Composition 4 cr.
- MTH 95 Intermediate Algebra or higher* 4 cr *Must be completed prior to the 2nd term of the cohort
- PHM 100 Introduction to Pharmacy Technician 5cr.
- PHM 101 Pharmacy Tech Law and Ethics 3cr.
- PHM 120 Drug Classification and Therapeutics I 5cr.
- PHM 110 Pharmacy Calculations 3cr.
- PHM 140 Pharmacy Technician Procedures 5cr.
- PHM 130 Drug Classification and Therapeutics II 5cr.
- PHM 190 Practicum I: Hospital/Institutional 4cr.
- PHM 191 Practicum II: Retail/Community 4cr.
- PHM 181 Pharmacy Technician Seminar 2cr.
- AH 115 Cultural Responsiveness in Allied Health 3cr
ESTIMATED COSTS TO COMPLETE PHARMACY
In addition to tuition (see
tuition rates), the estimated costs for students to complete the entire program are:
- Books $500
- Program, Licensing and Exam Fees $701
- On-line Fees $300 ($10 per credit "online course" fee applied to all PHM courses)
- Equipment and Supplies $50
- Criminal Background Check, Drug Screen and Immunization Tracking - $110
- Immunizations $200-$400 (if you don't have them already)
- CPR Certificate $60
Contact the Financial Aid office at 541-383-7260 to find out if you qualify for help with these costs. Students are responsible for costs related to travel to the COCC campus and practicum locations.