Required Courses & Estimated Costs
To earn a certificate all required courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or better and students must maintain a 2.0 overall GPA to graduate.
Course List (58 credits)
- WR 121 English Composition 4 cr.
- AH 111 Medical Terminology I 3 cr.
- MTH 95 Intermediate Algebra or higher* 3 cr
*Must be completed prior to the 2nd term of the cohort
- BI 121 Anatomy and Function I 4cr.
- PHM 100 Introduction to Pharmacy Technician 4cr.
- PHM 101 Law and Ethics for Pharmacy Technicians 3cr.
- PHM 120 Drug Classification and Therapeutics I 3cr.
- AH 112 Medical Terminology II 3cr.
- BI 122 Anatomy and Function II 4cr.
- PHM 110 Pharmacy Calculations 3cr.
- PHM 140 Pharmacy Technician Procedures 4cr.
- PHM 130 Drug Classification and Therapeutics II 3cr.
- PHM 190 Practicum I: Hospital/Institutional 4cr.
- PHM 191 Practicum II: Retail/Community 4cr.
- PHM 181 Pharmacy Technician Seminar 2cr.
- SP 218 Interpersonal Communication 3cr.
- CIS120 Computer concepts 4 cr.
ESTIMATED COSTS TO COMPLETE PHARMACY
In addition to tuition (see rates here) the estimated costs for students to complete the entire program are:
- Books $500
- Program Fees $450
- On-line Fees $270 ($10 per credit "online course" fee applied to all PHM courses)
- Equipment and Supplies $50
- Criminal Background Check, Drug Screen and Immunization Tracking - $110
- Pharmacy Tech License $102
- Immunizations $200-$400 (if you don't have them already)
- CPR Certificate $55
Contact the Financial Aid office at 541-383-7260 to find out if you qualify for help with these costs. Students are responsible for costs related to travel to the COCC campus and practicum locations.