1. Use critical thinking skills to confidently and effectively
manage emergency situations.
2. Practice professional standards by demonstrating a strong work
ethic, positive attitude, respect for patients, ability to work
cooperatively as a health care team member, and willingness to
maintain and enhance technical skills.
3. Communicate clearly and professionally using verbal and
nonverbal communication techniques.
4. Perform accurate scene safety and patient assessments.
5. Apply appropriate emergency medical and technical knowledge as
required in emergency situations.
Personal Well-being & Safety
6. Apply safety and infection control practices to maintain
personal and professional well- being and to ensure patient
Clinical & Technical Skills
7. Manage emergency patient care and treatment appropriately within
the scope of practice for an Emergency Medical
Medical Legal Issues
8. Apply legal knowledge and medical ethics to all patient care
situations by documenting accurate and complete patient records and
reports and maintaining patient confidentiality.
9. Meet requirements for certification at appropriate level