COCC's COVID-19 Testing Policy
In June 2021, COCC formally adopted a COVID-19 testing policy for students, as part
of the College's comprehensive health and safety reopening plans. This plan is regularly
reviewed and updated. To access the COVID-19 testing policy for COCC employees, please
Last update: January 13, 2022
- Per latest CDC guidance, fully vaccinated individuals who can provide proof of vaccination status (vaccination
card or photo of both front/back of card) are exempt from weekly systemic screening
strategies as outlined below.
- COCC requires weekly systemic COVID-19 rapid screening tests for the following populations:
- Wickiup Residence Hall students who are unvaccinated or not yet fully vaccinated
- Close-contact COCC intramural athletes who are unvaccinated or not yet fully vaccinated
- Unvaccinated or not yet fully vaccinated students from 2021/22 COCC programs that
require clinical/practicum participation and whose clinical/practicum site(s) may
allow participation even if the student has selected a COVID-19 vaccination exception
(Addiction Studies, Dental Assisting, Early Childhood Education, Licensed Massage
Therapy, Medical Assisting, Nursing Assistant, Pharmacy Technician, and Veterinary
Technician). Unvaccinated or not yet fully vaccinated students from the aforementioned
programs must provide a negative COVID-19 test result each week in order to participate
in their clinic/practicum.
- COCC will cover the costs of weekly on-campus COVID-19 rapid testing for the student
populations outlined above, with complimentary testing for these populations available
at the COCC Bend campus Curative testing site. Housing and Athletics students must
test weekly at this on-campus site. Those students who are required to test per their
academic program requirements may test at alternate authorized providers (e.g. Curative,
St. Charles, local health provider, etc.) if the provider's COVID-19 test results
are verifiable and include both the student's full name and date of test. Self-administered
home/over-the counter tests (e.g. BinaxNOW Antigen Test, etc.) are not acceptable.
COCC will not pay for student COVID-19 tests that are not administered at the COCC
Bend campus Curative testing site.
- COCC will provide weekly COCC Bend campus sewer prevalence testing, in partnership
with OSU and the City of Bend, for the following facilities:
- Wickiup Residence Hall
- COCC will continue to partner with our tri-county health departments to host COVID-19 testing clinics on our campuses.
- COCC will continue to ask students, employees, and visitors to conduct the daily Self Check, and symptomatic individuals should be asked to stay home, not come to campus, and to call their health provider.
COCC's COVID-19 testing policy is subject to change according to evolving CDC, OHA, and county health guidance. It will also be revisited ahead of each academic term.