COCC's COVID-19 Testing Policy
In June 2021, COCC formally adopted a COVID-19 testing policy, as part of the College's comprehensive health and safety reopening plans. This plan is regularly reviewed and updated.
Effective beginning in the 2021 Fall academic term:
- Per latest CDC guidance, fully vaccinated individuals who can provide proof of vaccination status (vaccination
card or photo of both front/back of card) will be exempt from both systemic screenings
and just-in-time testing strategies as outlined below.
- Weekly systemic COVID-19 rapid screening tests for the following populations:
- Wickiup Residence Hall students who are unvaccinated or not yet fully vaccinated
- Close-contact COCC intramural athletes who are unvaccinated or not yet fully vaccinated
except in cases where individuals are symptomatic; symptomatic residents or athletes — per OHA and local county health department recommendations — should only receive a PCR/molecular test and should be isolated until they receive the results of their PCR test.
- Weekly COCC Bend campus sewer prevalence testing, in partnership with OSU and the
City of Bend, for the following facilities:
- Wickiup Residence Hall
- COCC will continue to partner with our tri-county health departments to host COVID-19
PCR testing clinics on our campuses.
- COCC will continue to ask students, employees, and visitors to conduct the daily Self Check, and symptomatic individuals should be asked to stay home, not come to campus, and to call their health provider.
COCC's COVID-19 testing policy is subject to change according to evolving CDC, OHA, and county health guidance. It will also be revisited ahead of each term beginning Fall 2021, and whenever relevant guidance changes.