Wednesday, January 18 - Bend Campus to open at 10 a.m.
The Bend Campus of Central Oregon
Community College will open at 10 a.m. today. All Bend campus classes
that start before 10 a.m. are canceled; classes with a start time after
10 a.m. are on normal schedule. Bend Campus staff are expected to
report at 10 am. All other campuses, Redmond, Madras and Prineville,
are on a normal schedule.
Office of Multicultural Activities
Central Oregon Community College believes that diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and beliefs enrich the learning experience of our campus. As a result, we are committed to providing work and learning environments that respect and educate about cultural differences. Our success in this endeavor relies on our ability to recruit and retain diverse students, faculty, and staff, and by creating a respectful and inclusive campus community. All members of the campus share in the responsibility to foster a climate that of mutual respect and caring.
The Office of Multicultural Activities serves the campus by:
- Promoting the implementation of our Principles of Community
- Providing educational opportunities for students and employees
- Planning cultural events and activities
- Developing strong recruitment and retention programs for underrepresented students and employees
- Advocating for students from underrepresented and under served groups
- Providing advice and support to enhance student success
- Connecting students to resources that assist them in meeting their educational goals
- Leading the campus community in the achievement of the goals and outcomes of the Diversity Plan
The Office of Multicultural Activities is excited to bring multicultural events to the COCC campuses throughout the year. Look for upcoming events including book discussions, guest speakers, international films, live performances and more!
View Multicultural Events