Medical Assistant Entrance Requirements
Students must be 18 years of age or older to participate in program
classes (those beginning with the letters MA). Documents required for
entry into the Medical Assisting Program must be submitted afterstudents
register for the program classes. A letter of instruction is e-mailed
all registered and
waitlisted students at the end of spring term with an assigned
documentation due date. Failure to submit the required paperwork by the
assigned date will result in administrative withdrawal from the program.
The following documents are required prior to entry into the Medical
- High school diploma (or high school transcript noting successful graduation) or GED
- Completion of all pre-requisite classes with a grade of “C” or
- Criminal History Check as a condition of acceptance into the program.
- 10 panel drug screen completed as a condition of acceptance into the program.
- Documentation of current immunizations [CDC adult schedule]
- MMR, Tdap, Varicella, Hep B, Flu, TB blood test
- Additional immunizations or background checks may be required by practicum sites at the student’s expense.
*Transfer students wishing to use transfer classes as prerequisites should read the document below:
Explanation of Process To Use Transfer Credits To Meet Enforced Prerequisites