Printing at the Library
All campus printing is managed by
Information Technology Services. One black-and-white and one color laser printer are in the main patron area on the first floor of Barber Library. These printers are located next to the Information Desk, under the gold sign that says "Printers."
How to Get a Print Card
COCC students can use their ID cards to pay for print jobs. When first issued, each COCC student ID card comes loaded with $0.50 for printing.
Use the black Pay-to-Print vending machine in the wall next to the GoPrint computer to purchase a print card. A print card costs $1.00 and comes loaded with $0.50.
How to Load Money to a Print Card
To load money onto your print card or ID, use the black Pay-to-Print vending machine in the wall next to the GoPrint computer.
The machine accepts cash only. The nearest ATM is located in the Coats Campus Center (the next building south of Barber Library along College Way). Unfortunately, there is no way to load print money using a credit or debit card.
How to Print a Document
- Print your document(s) from a computer within the library, or from your personal device over the wireless (see
Wireless Printing, below). For the printer, select "LIB Patron Laser" for black and white ($0.05 per page) or "LIB Patron Color Laser" for color ($0.15 per page).
- Use double-sided printing to save $0.01 for every other page. (E.g., two one-sided black-and-white pages cost $0.10; one double-sided black-and-white page costs $0.09.)
- Release your print job from the GoPrint computer by the Information Desk.
- Touch your username on the left side of the screen. If you used one of the stand-up computers to release your job, your username will be "patron."
- Touch your print job(s) in the list to select them.
- Touch "Continue" on the bottom right of the screen.
- Place your COCC ID or print card into the reader to the right of the computer. The available funds on your card will show in the blue box on the top right of the screen. The total price of your print job will display at the bottom of the screen.
- Touch "Click to Print" on the bottom right of the screen. Your job will begin printing from the printer you selected.
If you have difficulties with the printers, ask for assistance at the Information Desk. The Library is not responsible for printing errors or malfunctions and will not refund printing money for any reason.
You can send your documents to the library printers from your laptop or mobile device by following the steps below.
- Connect to the Campus Wireless network. (See
Wireless Network Access for Laptops.)
- Click the yellow button labeled "PRINT."
- Log in with your COCC network username and password.
- On the screen "Step 1 - Choose a Printer," select "LIB Patron Laser" for black and white ($0.05 per page) or "LIB Patron Color Laser" for color ($0.15 per page).
- On the screen "Step 2 - Document Information," click "Browse" and select your document. Enter the number of copies or page range you want. Default page settings are 8.5” x 11”paper, one-sided. Select double-sided printing to save $0.01 for every other page. Click "CONTINUE."
- Follow step 2 under the "How to Print a Document" section above to pay for and release your job.