LIB 227 Outcomes
The student who successfully completes LIB 227 will...
- Describe the difference between information and knowledge, the various characteristics of information, and the implications of living in an 'information society
- Explain the nature of information cycle and how this is reflected in the way information progresses in the publishing world
- Identify appropriate research tools or resources based on specific research objectives
- Define Web 2.0 and social networking, as well as explain and analyze trends and implications of living in a social networking environment
- Define and identify issues of plagiarism along with the need to cite sources using the appropriate citation guidelines.