COCC ITS Strategic Goals
1) Technology Leadership
Take a leadership role in envisioning and implementation of
new technology and technology services at COCC that support the
college's mission. Work with campus departments on the research, development and deployment of new technology under consideration.
a) Future Technology and Technology Services: to envision ways
to use technology to create efficiencies, provide more welcoming and
inviting services for students, staff and faculty, and identify strategies to promote student
- Increase ITS communications with campus stakeholders related to technology needs which can help to make
- More efficient
- More welcoming/inviting to students, staff and faculty
- Better at improving student success
- Gather ideas and feedback for consideration.
- Take ideas to TAC, President's Advisory Team, and Administrators for
- Implement at least one new idea annually.
b) Campus Technology Education: to provide a source of
information related to COCC-specific technologies to all employees
in need of such education.
- Help provide educational opportunities and resources to staff and faculty regarding current technologies impacting teaching, learning and conducting business activities.
- Create video FAQs for end-users when new technology is deployed or changed.
- Coordinate with non-ITS technology specialists and departments to ensure technology needs are identified and addressed.
c) Research for Deployments:
- 90% response rate to annual software request system per identified timelines.
- Provide all departments opportunities for feedback annually to gather pre-image build information.
- Research technologies that will allow ITS to be more flexible and responsive to classroom software needs.
2) Customer Service Details
Provide a high and consistent level of customer service in the delivery of technology services to the campus communities.
- Implement and follow ITS Letter of Commitment aimed at maintaining consistent Customer Service delivery
- Provide customer feedback options via current help desk systems
- Respond to help desk tickets per identified time frames for Routine, High and Work Stoppage tickets.
3) Access and Availability
Increase the access and availability of both our physical labs
and the technology resources available to faculty, students, staff, and community visitors.
a) Physical Access: to meet needs for access to equipment and
resources by students, faculty, and staff of the college.
i. Provide sufficient computer drop-in labs and computer classrooms across all COCC campuses to meet student, faculty and community needs.
ii. Meet 100% of ADA station needs.
iii. Provide high level AV support for internal and external events held in COCC multimedia spaces.
b) Resource availability: to provide a high level of network
and systems availability to meet the ITS Mission during normal
business hours of operation of the college.
i. Unscheduled downtime less than 2% for network and other core
systems (phones, etc.) Monday through Friday 8am-5pm.
- Provide and maintain a reliable and secure network capable of
supporting instructional and administrative needs
- Achieve and maintain 98% wireless across populated "building"
- Increase bandwidth availability as needed to cover 100% of
population centers and less than 20% maxed out Monday through
- Add virtual access for distance learning opportunities to stay
in line with the College vision of class availability off the main
- Provide and maintain reliable and secure underlying
infrastructure for the support of other departments' technology
- Maintain and adequate technology lifecycle replacement strategy
for desktops, servers, network gear and other areas where
- 90% of full-time users on non-trickle down computers
4) Assessment and Planning
Review both internal and external assessment and planning tools and make revisions as needed.
a) External Assessment and Planning
b) Internal Assessment and Planning
5) ITS Staff Development
To encourage an environment where IT staff are able to learn and develop processes and the expertise to achieve the ITS Mission and to continue to grow professionally.
a) Eliminate Single Points of Failure for key technology systems - cross-train staff (both Infrastructure and MIS).
b) Provide ongoing opportunities for IT staff to obtain training and earn relevant certifications in their primary areas of work.
c) Staff understands the "what and why" of their individual job descriptions.