Help for Students in Need
- COCC Student Emergency Fund
If you have suddenly encountered unanticipated expenses related to your education, the COCC Student Emergency Fund may be able to help.
- COCC Childcare Assistance Fund
The COCC Childcare Assistance Fund is a program to supplement the costs of childcare.
- COCC's Pathways to Opportunity (PTO)
The PTO program provides students facing financial barriers with needed financial support, including help with tuition and fees, transportation, food, books, testing fees, and more. The program is open to all students.
- SNAP Training & Education Program (STEP)
The STEP provides support to students needing assistance with tuition and fees, transportation, food, and more but is targeted towards students receiving SNAP benefits.
Health & Wellness Resources
- COCC Personal Counseling (CAP Center)
- Saving Grace
- Oregon Coalition Against Domestic & Sexual Violence
- Mosaic Medical
- Volunteers in Medicine
- Deschutes County Behavioral Health
- Deshutes County Downtown Health Center
- Oregon Healthcare Plan
- PacificSource Community Solutions
- Sight for Students
Gift certificate program to help students find glasses through community partners.
- Dental Clinic at COCC
Low income individuals with no dental insurance are provided necessary fillings or extractions by licensed dentists for only a $20 supply fee. Contact Deschutes County Health Services at 541-322-7400.
- Community Shower Truck Ministry
Showers in Bend and Redmond to residents who don’t have access. Additional services include new or gently used socks and underwear, toothbrushes, toothpaste, razors, and deodorant. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-480-5659.
- Bend: Wednesdays and Fridays from 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.at the Family Kitchen, on the corner of Wall St. and Idaho.
- Redmond: Thursdays at the Church of God, on the corner of 4th and Birch streets.
- Off-campus Housing
- Housing Works
Helps assist students and families to find affordable housing while attending school.
- Housing Works - Pathworks program
- Housing Works properties managed by EPIC property management
- Aunt Bertha - The Social Care Network
This network provides a list of Central Oregon resources related to food, housing, transportation, healthcare, education, work and legal advise.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: (800) 799-7233
- 211 Info
Access to Providers for Child Care in Central Oregon
- United Way of Deschutes County
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline