Emergencies occur without warning. Being physically and psychologically prepared to handle emergencies is both an individual, and organizational, responsibility. The links below help to minimize the effects of an emergency. Please read this information thoroughly, before an emergency occurs. Once you are familiar with this information, you will be better prepared to respond in an emergency. If you have questions about a unique situation not covered in the material, or would like additional information, please contact the Campus Public Safety Department.
Local Law Enforcement Agencies
NON-EMERGENCY POLICE, FIRE, & MEDICAL
BEND & REDMOND
Personal Counseling Services
CAP Services at COCC provides personal counseling services to assist in resolving personal issues, which may be preventing you from achieving your potential at COCC. Professional Counselors are available to meet with any student, on the Bend Campus. There is no charge for this service. For more information see the COCC counseling website, linked below.
Policies and Regulations
COCC has established policies and regulations to maintain a safe campus. Public Safety Officers have the authority to enforce all campus policies. COCC also recognizes the violation of any Oregon law (Oregon Revised Statute) and/or federal law, while on campus, as a policy violation.
The Citation Appeals Committee has the responsibility of hearing and judging all COCC citation appeals. If you believe you received a citation in error, or there were extenuating circumstances which should be considered, you have the right to appeal your citation. Appeal forms are available at the Campus Public Safety Office in the Boyle Education Center, the Information Booth in the Boyle Education Center, the ASCOCC Student Government Office in the Coats Campus Center, and at the Cashier Station in the Boyle Education Center. The appeal form may also be downloaded and printed below.
- Get a Citation Appeal Form from one of the previously listed locations, or download and print the form here.
- Complete the form. Incomplete forms will not be considered.
- Attach a legible copy of the citation to the appeal form.
- Keep a photocopy of the citation and appeal form for your records.
- Bring the completed appeal form to the Campus Public Safety Office, located in the Boyle Education Center, during normal business hours.
- The Citation Appeals Committee will review all appeals received. If you wish to be present for the hearing, indicate so on your appeal form.
- The Citation Appeals Committee will notify you by mail of their decision within 2 weeks (14 days) of review.
- You are encouraged to pay your fine within seven days of issuance, in order to take advantage of the reduction in charges ($5 off total citation). If your appeal is approved, your payment will be refunded.
- Unpaid citations will prevent student registration, and are referred to the State of Oregon Department of Revenue for collection. Initial citation amounts may increase upon adoption by a collections agency or the State of Oregon.
- All fines must be paid at the Admissions and Records Office, located in the Boyle Education Center, during regular business hours, or by mail.
- The Citation Appeals Committee's decision is final.
Safe Zones are confidential and safe environments for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) individuals. The Safe Zone symbol displayed around the campus identifies individuals who are compassionate, understanding, and committed to helping create an open and accepting environment for all in the COCC community. Several members of the Campus Public Safety Department have attended Safe Zone training and are available to speak with. For more information, please see the Multicultural Department.
Oregon Sex Offender Registry
In Oregon, convicted sex offenders must register with the state. Registry information can be accessed on the State of Oregon Sex Offender Inquiry System website, linked below. The Oregon State Police Sex Offender Registration Unit is available for additional information or questions at (503) 378-3725.