Printing at the Lab
You can send your documents to the library printers from your laptop or mobile device by following the steps below.
- Connect to the Campus Wireless network. (See Wireless Network Access for Laptops.)
- Visit the Printeron-Printing web page.
- Click the button labeled "PRINT."
- Log in with your COCC network username and password.
- On the screen "Step 1 - Choose a Printer," select "PIO200 Laser" for black and white ($0.05 per page) or "PIO200 Color" for color ($0.15 per page).
- On the screen "Step 2 - Document Information," click "Browse" and select your document.
Enter the number of copies or page range you want. Default page settings are 8.5 x
*Select double-sided printing to save $0.01 for every other page. Click "CONTINUE."
Pay to Print Policy in Drop-In Labs
- Pay to print locations include: the Boyle Education Center Mall, Boyle Education Center Drop-in Computer Lab, Pioneer Hall Drop-in Computer Lab, Grandview Fireside Room, Barber Library Commons Area, Redmond Building 3 Computer Lounge, the Redmond Technology Education Center Drop-in Computer Lab and on the Prineville Campus.
- Payment is by a COCC Student ID or COCC Generic Print Card only. We do not accept cash, checks or credit/debit cards.
- Credit students receive their Student ID from the Information Office in the Boyle Education Center in Bend and in Redmond in Building 3 at the Admissions Window. Cards come preloaded with $0.50.
- Generic Print Cards which cost $1 and come preloaded with $0.50 may be purchased at all print locations from any Pay-to-Print vending machine.
- The Pay-to-Print vending machines are also used to add value to existing cards.
- Higher speed (45ppm) black & white HP Laser Jet 600 printers with two sided printing are located in every lab and the cost is $0.05 per sheet.
- All computer drop-in labs have a 4025 HP Laser Jet color printer with automatic two sided printing and the cost is $0.15 per sheet.
Printing Policy in the Classrooms
- The printers in Pioneer Hall computer classrooms are not equipped for printing unless a request is made by an Instructor. If your class requires that you print during class time the Instructor will stop by the Lab Attendant desk in the drop-in lab and ask for a paper tray. Once the Instructor has left the classroom, the paper tray will be immediately removed
- It is the Instructor's responsibility to see that printing is not abused by their students in all computer classrooms.
- The technology fee that students pay when enrolling in computer classes covers the cost of maintaining the equipment, up grades, and replacement. It does not cover printing.
- The Lab Attendant will try to keep the classroom printers functional; however, there may be times when you need to ask for assistance or report printing problems.