Interview Arrangements and Travel
Have you been selected for an interview at Central Oregon Community College?
Out-of-area candidates selected to interview for professional positions (Administrative, FT Faculty, Adjunct Faculty) are treated to a full day on campus and may be eligible for interview travel reimbursement for meals, travel, and lodging. A typical interview itinerary starts with a benefits overview provided by Human Resources, followed by a formal committee interview, an open-wide campus function to introduce candidates (most candidates are asked to make a presentation on a topic related to their area of expertise), meetings with a Vice President or Instructional Dean, a campus tour, and lunch or dinner with several committee members. Lunch and dinner are an extension of the interview, therefore no spouses or domestic partners are invited.
Do you live out of town?
- Travel by Air: Most candidates fly into either the Portland (PDX) or Seattle (SEA) Airport and make connections to Roberts Field in Redmond (RDM), Oregon. www.flyrdm.com. Information is available about air carriers, flight schedules, parking, car rental, ground transportation, and terminal services. Flight expenses incurred by out-of-area candidates who are selected to interview are reimbursed. *Non-cash/Frequent Flyer Miles purchases are not covered.* Please make sure you keep a receipt of your ticket purchase price (not just an itinerary).
- Travel by Train: Amtrak provides service to Bend www.amtrak.com. Train expenses incurred by out-of-area candidates who are selected to interview are reimbursed. Please make sure you keep a receipt of your ticket purchase price (not just an itinerary).
- Travel by Personal Vehicle: MapQuest www.mapquest.com can give you detailed directions and online maps. The College will reimburse for mileage at the current Federal Mileage rate. See below for reimbursement limitations.
- Rental Car: Expenses incurred by out-of-area candidates who are selected to interview will be reimbursed for up to two days (not to include gas receipts for use of the rental car).
- Hotels: Expenses incurred by out-of-area candidates who are selected to interview will be reimbursed for one nights lodging. See Visit Bend for a list of other popular hotel options.
- Meals: Expenses incurred by out-of-area candidates who are selected to interview will be reimbursed for up to two days (not to include any additional guests). Itemized receipts are required for reimbursement. Alcoholic beverages are not reimbursable.
Interview-related expenses (overall procedure):
Expenses are shared by the finalist and COCC. The college will reimburse candidates for one half of their travel/interview related expenses (transportation, lodging, meals) up to $400 maximum. The successful candidate may receive an additional $400 if one half of the expenses have not been reimbursed by the first $400. For example:
- Example 1: $2000 total expenses incurred. While 1/2 the expenses = $1000, the college will only reimburse $400 as the max for the interview. The successful candidate would then receive another $400 to reach the $800 maximum while still under 1/2 of the total expenses.
- Example 2: $400 total expenses incurred. Half of the expenses = $200. The college will reimburse for $200 (1/2 under $400). The successful candidate would not be eligible for any further reimbursement since the college has already met the "1/2 of expenses" obligation.
To request reimbursement, attach this reimbursement form to your receipts and mail them to Human Resource, 2600 NW College Way, Newberry Hall, Bend, OR 97703