All in for Our Students!
The Bobcat Society recognizes and rewards our outstanding COCC faculty, staff and retirees who give to the COCC Foundation through one-time gifts or payroll donations in support of students and the College.
Join the Bobcat Society
The faculty, staff and retiree giving campaign.
As faculty and staff, you invest your time and talent in COCC and our students every day. When you extend your contributions to include philanthropy, you express your belief in COCC’s mission and actively support our long-standing culture of excellence!
Please join us in support of our College by making a gift today to the COCC Foundation. Faculty and staff participation play an important role in ensuring the COCC's success, as well as influencing gifts from corporations and foundations, who often consider faculty and staff giving rates when determining their own support for COCC.
Faculty & Staff Giving Opportunities
Listed below are the three giving opportunities for faculty and staff.
1. COCC Bobcat Scholarship FundThis fund supports annual scholarships for students in any program at COCC. The recipients of this fund have financial need and show promise and dedication, demonstrated through their scholarship application. A gift to this fund ensures that qualified and deserving students get the financial support that they need to succeed this year.
2. COCC Staff Endowed Scholarship FundThis endowed fund was created in 1998 to perpetually support student scholarships at COCC. This fund has grown through the generosity of past and current staff and faculty. A gift to this fund ensures that scholarship support will be available to deserving COCC students in perpetuity. Recipients of these funds have financial need and show promise and dedication, demonstrated through their scholarship application.
3. COCC Student Emergency Fund
College students are masters of thrifty solutions: finding free movie nights, shopping around for books, and living off instant noodles. But sometimes, an expense comes up that can't be avoided. Examples are: unexpected transportation issues, housing crisis, threat of utility shut off or childcare costs. That's where these emergency funds come in. These funds keep students in school, preventing them from dropping out due to a short-term financial crisis. Students in financial crisis submit an application and provide verification. Requests for emergency funding is reviewed by an internal committee and if approved, funds are expeditiously available for the student.
Ways to Give
Setting up an automatic payroll donation is the easiest way to consistently give to the COCC Foundation:
- Payroll donations are deducted monthly from your paycheck
- Reduces administrative costs for the COCC Foundation because there are no processing fees involved
- Allows you to spread your support over the course of a year, in smaller, more financially manageable amounts
- Payroll donations come from your after-tax earnings and you can deduct the total annual donated amount!
- You get to feel good helping COCC students each month!
Fill out the Payroll Donation Form and return to the COCC Foundation for processing
A one-time gift to the COCC Foundation is greatly appreciated:
- Your gift is tax-deductible
- There are many ways to give a one-time gift: check, cash, credit card, retirement account distributions, and appreciated stock.
- Your donation will go directly to supporting students in need at COCC
Visit the Ways to Give page to make a one-time gift