Dependents' Educational Assistance

Course of Study

Students must determine a major course of study and enroll in proper courses outlined in the current COCC catalog. VA will not pay for any courses already taken in which a passing grade has been received. Students are advised to work closely with an advisor. Please inform the Veterans Certifying Official if a change in major occurs.

Be sure to notify the VA at 1-888-442-4551 of any address changes. Benefit checks mailed to an old address could be returned to the VA and may take up to six months to have another one issued.

Satisfactory Academic Progress

Students using VA educational benefits at COCC must earn at least a 2.0 GPA each term to maintain good standing. The terms of COCC's Academic Warning Policy for all students, including those using VA educational benefits, are outline on pages 24-25 of the catalog.

Academic warnings are reported to the VA each term. If a student using VA educational benefits receives a Fourth Academic Warning, their benefits will be terminated at COCC and they will not be eligible for reinstatement for one calendar year, in accordance with the Academic Warning Policy. Please note: Students receiving federal financial aid are also bound by the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) upheld by COCC's Financial Aid Office.

Veterans Work-Study

If interested in Veterans Work-Study, contact the Veteran Administration: 1-888-442-4551

Click here to apply for Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance.