COCC Student Financial Assistance Fund
COCC recognizes that students sometimes encounter financial obstacles that greatly affect their ability to successfully complete their goals at COCC. The COCC Student Emergency and/or COCC Childcare Assistance Fund may be able to help these students. Application can be submitted each term with a maximum award of $500 per term. Please note that these funds are limited and based on availability. All complete applications will be considered on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Applicants must have a completed ORSAA/FAFSA. This includes the submission and completed review of any requested documentation.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits at the time they apply.
- Applicants must be meeting the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements includes those appeals that have been approved.
Examples of accepted requests and required documents:
- Childcare expanses (cancelled checks, invoices, signed statement from provider)
- Vehicle repair (estimate of type of repair and cost)
- Utility/housing help (shut-off, past due, or evictions notice)
- Tuition/fees (for students who are aid ineligible due to exceeding maximum credit limit, GradTracks showing enrollment in final degree required courses)
- Students in need of childcare assistance are also eligible for emergency assistance. Each fund will max out at $500 per term ($500 for childcare and $500 for other financial need)
Please note that, with the exception of childcare, requests for expenses already paid or to pay credit cards or other loans generally will be denied.
- Completed applications are reviewed by a committee once a week.
- Students will be emailed through their COCC student email account regarding the committee's decision.
- Approved amounts will show in the financial aid award section of the Bobcat Web Account as a COCC Foundation Scholarship.
- Refunds will be sent to the student through the normal student refund process handled by the Cashiers Office.
Often time students find that they may not qualify for the COCC Student Emergency and/or COCC Childcare Assistance Fund or realize that while it may help it simply is not enough to meet their needs. Students may consider reviewing other resources on the Student Resources web page.