COCC Continuing Education cultivates personal and professional growth for community enrichment.
To provide relevant lifelong learning opportunities by delivering exceptional educational experiences.
Our classes follow the philosophy that learning is a rewarding experience that is most successful in a safe, supportive and engaging environment.
COCC Continuing Education seeks excellent instructors who convert an area of personal proficiency into an exceptional classroom experience for our students. Potential instructors should have expertise in their proposed area of instruction whether this be formal education and/or experience in the field. Prior teaching experience is preferred. Continuing Education instructors are part-time and engaged on a class-by-class basis.
COCC Continuing Education values the following qualities in an instructor:
- Recognizes range of knowledge/ability levels and engages all learners effectively.
- Demonstrates respect for all students including individual differences.
- Balances instruction with student exploration and classroom management.
- Utilizes appropriate instructional techniques.
- Demonstrates expertise in area of instruction.
- Provides an exceptional classroom experience.
- Arrives at commitments prepared and on time.
- Communicates in a clear and organized way.
- Responds to administrative requests efficiently.
- Collaborates well with administrative team.
- Communicates questions, concerns and/or requests clearly.
- Abides by all COCC policies and procedures in a professional manner.