NOTE: This course has been cancelled. If you are interested in hearing about future offerings, please add your name to our interest list using the link at the bottom of the page.
This two-day course introduces health care practitioners to the Kinesio Taping Method. Designed for health care professionals in an advanced health care setting including physical therapists, athletic trainers and licensed health professionals with significant knowledge in anatomy and physiology. KT1 will include the theory and practical application of the Kinesio Taping Method. KT2 will cover the Six Corrective Concepts and include demonstration and practice of clinical applications. CEUs included; 16 contact hours.
KT1 & KT2 Course Objectives:
- Correctly describe the fundamental concepts of Kinesio Taping Method
- Accurately describe the unique qualities of Kinesio Tex Tape
- Apply the Kinesio Taping Method correctly to relax and stimulate muscles
- Correctly apply the 5 corrective techniques of the Kinesio Taping Method in guided laboratory sessions
- Apply the Kinesio Taping Method correctly for pain, swelling, joint mobility, and stability
- Correctly apply Kinesio Taping techniques for treatment of select clinical conditions using the concepts and principals of the Kinesio Taping Method
In order to attend a Kinesio Taping seminar, each attendee must meet all of the following criteria:
1. Must have completed 80 course hours of anatomy & physiology
2. Must have a working knowledge of the musculoskeletal system
3. Must be able to do assessments by evaluating and/or diagnosing injuries and conditions
4. Must have achieved or is a student in their junior or senior year (transcripts must be provided) working towards one or more of the following credentials:
ARNP, ATC, CAT(C), CCSP, CDP, CHT, CLT, CMBT, CMT, CNMT, COMT, COTA, COTA/L, CPO, CPT, CPTA, CRN, CST, CT, DC, DO, DOM, DPT, Lac, LAT, LLCC, LMBT, LMP, LMT, LOT, LOTA, LPT, LPTA, MD, MDT, MLD, MOT, MOTR/L, MPT, MT, MTC, NCMT, NCTMB, NDT, NMD, NMT, NP, NRC, OCS, ODT, OMD, OPA, OT, OTA, OTC, OTR, OTR/L, PT, PT-C, PTA, PA, RMT, RN, RPT, RPTA, SLP.
Sign up for our Kinesio Taping Interest List. Information on future classes will be emailed as it becomes available.