Become a COCC Continuing Education Instructor
COCC Continuing Education is always looking for great instructors. Our mission is
to offer transformative learning outcomes for all members of our community through
the highest quality, most accessible learning services.
Our classes follow the philosophy that learning is a rewarding experience that is best when in a relaxed, supportive environment. Potential instructors should have four years of education, experience or a combination of both in their subject area. Experience teaching adults preferred. Continuing Education instructors are part-time hourly employees engaged on a class-by-class basis.
If you are interested in teaching for us, please review the Steps to Becoming an Instructor (pdf) and complete our Continuing Education Instructor Form online. Course proposals are reviewed monthly and we will contact you if we have
any openings. Deadlines for course proposals are as follows:
Term: Due Date:
Spring January 1
Summer March 1
Fall May 1
Winter October 1
Note: Course proposals submitted after these dates will be considered for the following term.
We are especially interested in finding part-time instructors for the following areas:
- Art, Music & Language in Madras & Prineville
- Adobe Illustrator
- American Heart Association trained instructors
Before Submitting Your Proposal:
1. Look at our class offerings to see if the class is already being offered.
2. Is your class idea offered elsewhere in Central Oregon? Competition against existing classes can lead to low enrollment and cancelled classes.
3. Is your class wide enough in scope to appeal to the general adult population? Who should attend?
4. Classes cannot be designed to sell or recommend products from your business or promote consulting services.