Degree Partnership Program (DPP)
The Degree Partnership Program offered by Central Oregon Community College and OSU-Cascades allows students seeking a bachelor’s degree to be jointly admitted and enrolled at both schools.
- Students experience the best of both schools
- Financial aid and scholarship benefits are combined
- Additional course offerings and choice of times
- Guidance to stay on track toward an OSU degree while fulfilling lower division courses at COCC
- A strong connection to COCC and OSU-Cascades faculty
- Lower tuition
DPP Admission Requirements
FIRST YEAR STUDENTS
- Recommended high school GPA of 3.0 or higher on a standard unweighted 4.0 point scale
- Official SAT or ACT scores sent to the OSU-Cascades Office of Admissions
- College Preparatory Subjects Completed: English (4 years), Math (3 years),
Social Studies (3 years), Science (3 years), Second Language (2 years)*
*Second Language requirement may be completed upon enrollment
- 1-23 quarter credit hours (1-15 semester hours) GPA: 2.25+ transfer AND 3.0+ high
Subjects: College level writing and math preferred, but not required
- 24 + quarter credit hours (16 + semester hours) with a 2.25 - 2.49 transfer GPA; completed college-level writing (WR 121, English Composition) and college-level math (Algebra: MTH 105 or 111) , with C– grade or better
- 24 + quarter credit hours (16 + semester hours) with 2.50+ transfer GPA; completed college-level writing (WR 121, English Composition) with C– or better required
- Same second language requirement for First Year Admission (unless graduated high school before spring 1997)
DPP and Financial Aid, Scholarships
Students should include both COCC (003188) and OSU (003210) school codes when completing the FAFSA or ORSAA. After admission, students will select a home school, the school that will administer their financial aid. Students awarded the Oregon Promise are encouraged to work closely with both financial aid offices to determine their home school.
Degree-seeking OSU-Cascades students may take COCC coursework to fulfill degree requirements at OSU-Cascades. This means students can receive OSU-Cascades scholarship support when enrolled full-time (12 credits) between the two institutions, with at least six OSU-Cascades credits
Additionally, students can receive COCC scholarship support and Oregon Promise funding when enrolled in at least 6 COCC credits
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who is the ideal candidate for the DPP?
The ideal candidate is a student who plans to attend OSU-Cascades, or who wants additional flexibility to access courses and resources at both institutions.
If I want to take advantage of DPP do I have to apply to both schools?
Apply to OSU-Cascades, selecting both the DPP student option and COCC as the partner school. Following your successful application, you can register for classes at COCC and OSU-Cascades.
What happens once I have been admitted?
Once admitted, DPP students follow the Next Steps for OSU-Cascades, pay their Advance Tuition Deposit and register for a START session, OSU-Cascades’ orientation. At START, students meet with their academic advisor and register for COCC or OSU-Cascades classes.
You are assigned to an OSU academic advisor who will have full access to your GradTracks (COCC's degree evaluation system) in order to facilitate the advising transition.
I was already accepted to OSU-Cascades, can I still add DPP?
Yes. Please contact OSU-Cascades Enrollment Services at 541-322-3100.