Please read the information below to understand the Copyright Policy pertaining to printed and photocopied materials. Serious consequences are the result of violation of copyright laws, which could include civil damages.
This is for copies made at the copy center.
If you have any questions please contact the Jennifer Beltis at 541-383-7579
Permissible uses - Staff may:
- Make a single copy of the following for use in teaching or in preparation to teach
a. A chapter from a book;
b. An article from a periodical or newspaper;
c. A short story, short essay or short poem, whether or not from a collective work;
d. A chart, graph, diagram, drawing, cartoon or picture from a book, periodical or newspaper.
- Make multiple copies for classroom use (not to exceed one copy per student in a course)
from the following
a. A complete poem if it has fewer than 250 words and does not exceed two printed pages in length;
b. A complete article, story or essay of less than 2,500 words;
c. Prose excerpts not to exceed 10 percent of whole or 1,000 words, whichever is less;
d. One chart, graph, diagram, cartoon or picture pet book or per issue of a periodical;
e. An excerpt from children's book containing up to 10 percent of the words found in the text.
- All permitted copying must bear an appropriate reference. References should include
the author, title, date and any other pertinent information.
Prohibited uses Staff may not:
- Copy more than one work or two excerpts from a single author during one class term;
- Copy more than three works from a collective work or periodical volume during one
- Copy more than nine sets of multiple copies for distribution to students in one class
- Copy to create or replace or substitute for anthologies or collective works;
- Copy "consumable" works, such as workbooks, exercises, standardized tests and answer
- Copy the same work from term to term;
- Copy the same material for more than one particular course being offered (may not
copy every time a particular course is offered) unless permission is obtained from
the copyright owner.