COCC Continuing Education is always
looking for great instructors. Our mission is to offer transformative learning
outcomes for all members of our community through the highest quality, most
accessible learning services.
Our classes follow the philosophy that learning is a rewarding experience that
is best when in a relaxed, supportive environment. Potential instructors should
have four years of education, experience or a combination of both in their
subject area. Experience
teaching adults preferred. Continuing Education instructors are part-time hourly employees
engaged on a class-by-class basis.
If you are interested in teaching for us, please review the Steps to Becoming an Instructor (pdf) and complete our Continuing Education Instructor Form online. Course proposals are reviewed monthly and we will contact you if we have any openings. Deadlines for course proposals are as follows:
Summer March 1
Fall May 1
Winter October 1
Note: Course proposals submitted after these dates will
be considered for the following term.
We are especially interested in finding part-time instructors for the following areas:
- Art, Music & Language in Madras & Prineville
- Adobe Illustrator
- American Heart Association trained instructors
Before Submitting Your Proposal:
1. Look at our class offerings to see if the class is already being offered.
2. Is your class idea offered elsewhere in Central Oregon? Competition
against existing classes can lead to low enrollment and cancelled classes.
3. Is your class wide enough in scope to appeal to the general
adult population? Who should attend?
4. Classes cannot be designed to sell or recommend products from your
business or promote consulting services.