Academic Affairs Commitee
The Central Oregon Community College Academic Affairs Committee will take a role of advocate for instruction. This committee will develop and recommend academic policy, facilitate and streamline decision-making on academic issues, and facilitate communication.
Academic Affairs decisions will be made within the parameters of the policy governance articulated by the Board.
Among its primary functions Academic Affairs will:
- Coordinate long-range planning in curriculum and academic policy
- Set academic priorities that help shape budget decisions and allocations
- Act as the main clearinghouse/review committee for all instructional policy issues
- Act as oversight for the curriculum committee
- Assure that curricular decisions, academic priorities and instructional policies are held accountable to the mission of the College.
In addition to the above responsibilities, Academic Affairs Committee shall review minutes from COCC's Curriculum Committee. Minor issues may be dealt with by chair-to-chair discussions. Major issues may involve presentation by a Curriculum Committee member to Academic Affairs.
For more information about this committee, see section G-6-3 of COCC's General Procedures Manual.
Also see: Curriculum Committee; Learning Outcomes and Assessment