VP for Instruction
If you are assigned to me for academic advising, the following information should be helpful in getting you ready for your earliest registration time.
- Check your Bobcat Web Account to see if you
have an advising requirement. To do this, go to www.cocc.edu and select Student Login in the
upper right corner of the page, then select the Bobcat Web Account. Once you
have logged in, select Student Services and Financial Aid, Registration, and
then the first link, Can I register for Credit Classes? This page shows any
requirements that have to be met before you can register, and it will also tell
you your registration time (based on the number of credits you have completed).
If you do have an advising requirement, here's what you need to know:
care of your advising requirement early! Please don’t wait until the week
registration for this, as I have a limited amount of time that week. We recommend the following timeline:
- For fall term, complete your advising before Cinco de Mayo (for mid-May registration)
- For winter term, complete advising before Halloween (for mid-November registration)
- For spring term,complete advising before Valentine's day (for early March registration)
- If you are a new student, please complete the "Getting ready for next term" section in your New Student Workbook and bring it to your
- Please make a plan for upcoming term, and
preferably for several terms. The online schedule usually includes future terms. Write down your schedule and bring it with you
when we meet.
- Connect with me for advising. Here are your options:
- Make an appointment with me; we can meet in person or over the phone. To set up a time, identify a few times that you are available during the next week and either call me or email me.
- Advising over email (If you are on academic warning we will need to meet in person.). Email me the following
information: your student ID number, an update on what you are taking this term and how you are doing, the specific degree you are pursuing, and your list of course numbers
that you plan for the upcoming terms.
- After advising, I recommend you check your
student account again, about a week before you plan to register. That way, you
can take care of any parking fines or overdue library books that will prevent
you from registering.
Need to know your progress
towards your degree? You can use
GradTracks in your Bobcat Account, and it will tell you what you have taken and
what is left.
Use your COCC email! Remember, it is your job to keep
up to date on email coming to your COCC account (including now financial aid
and billing information). If you need help, drop by
one of our Computer Labs and ask the monitor for help (see http://www.cocc.edu/its/computer-labs/student-accounts-assistance/).