Registration for Veterinary Technician classes is on a first-come, first served basis according to the college-wide registration process. Be sure to check your registration time and register as close to that time as possible. You should also check your registration status prior to that time to ensure you have no holds on your ability to register.
Students must complete the required pre-requisite courses in order to register for fall 2014 classes and must have completed 40 hours of observation in a veterinary clinic or hospital prior to May 2, 2014. Yearly enrollment in the program is currently being explored. Currently, after the fall 2014 registration, the next opportunity to enroll in the program will be fall 2016.
Degree seeking students who have had a break in attendance for one year or more must complete a new application
New Transfer students intending to use coursework from other colleges must send an official transcript to the COCC Records office and request a Transcript Evaluation. This evaluation takes approximately 9 weeks, so students should start this process as soon as possible.
Lab Fee: There is a $300 lab fee per quarter in addition to tuition and COCC fees.
Additional Costs: Students will need to purchase the following items:
- Scrubs - 2 pair of ceil blue colored scrubs (May be purchased through COCC Bookstore with Financial Aid)
- White, waste length lab jacket (can be purchased at Bookstore )
- Farm coveralls - light blue
- Rubber boots for farm calls
- Stethoscope (can be purchased at Bookstore )
- Digital Thermometer (can be purchased at Bookstore )
- Watch with second hand (can be purchased at Bookstore )
- Bandage scissors (can be purchased at Bookstore )
- Scientific calculator
- Name Tag