Upon Graduating from the COCC Veterinary Technician Program, students will be able to demonstrate ability to:
- Function as a skilled member of an effective veterinary health care team.
- Critically assess and respond appropriately to emergency situations.
- Maintain a safe work environment and interact with animals and their owners in a safe manner.
- Competently perform the Essential Tasks dictated by the CVTEA (Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities)
- Effectively communicate with veterinary health care team members and clients, using appropriate veterinary terminology.
- Perform patient assessment, safe handling and restraint, administration of medications and other veterinary treatments under the direction of a Veterinarian.
- Demonstrate knowledge of ethical standards, legal principals and confidentiality in the veterinary setting.
The following link is the CVTEA Essential Skills List, which students can expect to become proficient in before graduation.
» View CVTEA Essential Skills List