Acting II and III
By the end of the term, the successful TA142/143 student will be able to:
- Clearly articulate his or her own strengths and weaknesses as an actor.
- Choose and perform a scene and/or monologue that demonstrates his or her strengths as an actor.
- Choose and perform a scene and/or monologue that addresses and improves upon his/her own weaknesses as an actor.
- Analyze a scripted scene using Stanislavsky's system steps, specifically identifying beats, character objectives, obstacles and tactics.
- Effectively apply that analysis to the performance (enactment) of the scene, convincingly portraying characters other than him/herself onstage.
- Speak loudly and clearly enough to be heard and understood by the audience.