Frequently Asked Questions

Who is eligible for on-campus housing?

Any currently admitted student of COCC or OSU-Cascades is eligible for on-campus housing.

Furthermore, COCC is committed to providing a positive learning environment for our students and as such, the following additional requirements are in place for students wishing to live in on-campus housing:

  • Reach eighteen (18) years of age prior to or during the academic year.
  • Pass a background check.
  • Register for a minimum of twelve (12) COCC/OSU-C graded credits at the beginning of each term and maintain registration in a minimum of eight (8) graded credits throughout each term.

    Where will I be living?

    Central Oregon Community College has one on-campus residence hall.  The residence hall provides safe, comfortable and affordable co-ed housing to more than 300 students.

    What living options are available?

    • Quad Double Suites
      Most spaces available for students starting their first year in on-campus housing are located in quad double suites. This suite layout includes two double bedrooms (that is each bedroom shared by two residents) attached to a common living space with a bathroom/shower to .be shared by the four suitemates. 
    • Quad Single Suites
      There are a smaller number of quad single suites available. Similar to the quad double suites in all aspects except there are four single bedrooms instead of the two double bedrooms. Many of these spaces are either selected by any returning students or are held for students who demonstrate a specific need for such a living environment. If you are interested in being assigned a space in a quad single suite please contact the Housing and Residence Life Office to discuss your request.

    May I pick my roommate?

    Yes! It is possible for you to pre-select your roommate if it is someone you already know also coming to COCC. Directions on how to do so will be provided as part of the application and room assignment process.

    What are the application deadlines?

    Although there is currently no deadline for on-campus housing, students are strongly encouraged to submit a housing application/agreement within three weeks before the start of each academic term.

    How much does it cost to live on campus? What does that include?

    You can find out information about the costs to live on campus by going to our Rates, Fees, and Billing webpage. The housing agreement includes a furnished space in either a quad double or quad single suite, a meal plan with access to dining services while classes are in session, and all utilities including high-speed internet access and cable TV. Furthermore, students have access to numerous lounge, study rooms, laundry room, community kitchen, TV room, game room, facilitated programs and activities, and trained staff available 24 hours a day for emergencies.

    Students need to take into consideration the TOTAL COST of attending COCC or OSU-C while also choosing to live on campus. Student wishing to live on campus are STRONGLY advised to speak with the financial aid office BEFORE completing a housing agreement.

    How will I know the status of my housing application? 

    We will communicate with you via MyHousing and your email address throughout the process. You are responsible for checking MyHousing and your COCC email on a regular basis. COCC provides  instructions on how to transfer email from your COCC email account to an email account you already use. It is your responsibility to ensure that email being transferred to another account is not being deleted.

    Among other email communication, you will receive a confirmation email that your application has been received, an email stating that your application is complete (or incomplete if we are missing something), follow-up emails advising you of additional expectations that need to be completed, and an email advising you of your room and roommate assignment.


    I need to cancel my agreement, how do I do that? 

    Once you have submitted a housing application/agreement, you will need to submit a written request to officially cancel your agreement. The following statements about cancelling the housing agreement can be found in the housing agreement:

    • AGREEMENT CANCELLATION BY THE STUDENT BEFORE OCCUPANCY. If the College has received a signed Agreement and payment of the Deposit, and reserved space for the Student in the Hall and then the Student refuses, fails, or elects not to move into the Hall, the College shall have the right to permanently retain the entire Deposit. If the Student notifies Housing in writing of cancellation of the Agreement prior to August 1 (December 1 for winter applicants and March 1 for spring applicants, respectively), the College shall refund the full Deposit and any room and board fees. Notification of cancellation after aforementioned dates or lack of written notification will result in complete forfeiture of the Deposit.
    • AGREEMENT CANCELLATION BY THE STUDENT AFTER OCCUPANCY. This Agreement is binding on the Student for the entire academic year (fall, winter, and spring terms), unless starting in winter or spring terms in which case the Agreement is for the period of the remainder of the academic year. The Student may not terminate this Agreement without prior approval of the College. The Student may request to terminate this Agreement after occupancy has taken place by submitting written notification to Housing. In the event of Agreement cancellation, the Student shall vacate the assigned room by the agreed upon date and comply with all agreement cancellation fees.

    In this Section