Providing Placement Information
All students taking credit classes must provide writing and math placement information to COCC (see exceptions below) in one of the following four ways.
- We will only accept prior college degree, coursework, and placement tests from accredited colleges.
- You must provide placement information for both math and writing. If you can only provide placement information for one, you must take the placement test for the other.
Students may register for the following classes without providing placement information:
- HD 110 (Career Planning )
- HD 190 (Latino Leadership)
- Music Performance
- PE Activity
- Studio art
- Computer Skills (CIS below the 100-level)
- Foreign Language
Students under the age of 15 must take the placement test and test into at least MTH 60 and WR 65 regardless of what classes the student intends to take. See SPECIAL ADMISSION Requirements for Students under the age of 15.