Nursing Transfer Placement Program
To qualify as a candidate for Transfer Placement into the 2nd year of the Nursing Program, you must be able to provide documentation of the following:
- Currently enrolled in good standing in an Oregon Nursing program.
- Official copy of transcripts showing completion of nursing coursework, at a "C" grad or better (equivalent to COCC's NUR 106, 107, 108).
- Official copy of transcripts showing completion of the required prerequisite and support courses (or their equivalent).
Nursing Program Readmission, Advanced Placement and Transfer Student Policies
- BI231 - Anatomy and Physiology I*
- BI232 - Anatomy and Physiology II*
- BI233 - Anatomy and Physiology III*
- BI234 - Microbiology*
- GS 105, CHEM 104 or CHEM 221 - Chemistry*
- MTH95 - Intermediate Algebra or higher
- WR121 - English Composition
- WR 122 or WR 227 - English Composition
- Human Nutrition: FN 225
- Developmental Psychology: PSY 215 or PSY 215N
- CIS 120 or pass the computer competency exam*
*The science and computer courses must have been completed within 5 years prior to admission. Older course work may be accepted by petition process on a case-by-case basis.
In addition to completing all prerequisites with a "C" grade or better, applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher between WR 121, Math 95 (or higher), BI 231, BI 232, BI 233 and BI 234.