Nursing Advanced Placement Program
To qualify as a candidate for Advanced Placement (LPN to RN) you must have the following:
- Current resident status for the COCC college district. See the COCC website for residency requirements.
- Current State of Oregon LPN license that must be active and unencumbered.
- 400 hours of direct patient care experience in an acute or long-term (skilled) setting, or 600 hours of direct patient care in other nursing settings such as clinics, home health, or assisted living as an LPN within the last two years.
- Official copy of transcripts showing completion of the required prerequisite and support courses (or their equivalent).
You must complete all of the Nursing prerequisites before entering the program.
- BI231 - Anatomy and Physiology I*
- BI232 - Anatomy and Physiology II*
- BI233 - Anatomy and Physiology III*
- BI234 - Microbiology*
- GS 105, CHEM 104 or CHEM 221 - Chemistry*
- MTH95 - Intermediate Algebra or higher
- WR121 - English Composition
- WR 122 or WR 227 - English Composition
- Human Nutrition: FN 225
- Developmental Psychology: PSY 215 or PSY 215N
- CIS 120 or pass the computer competency exam*
*The science and computer courses must have been completed within 5 years prior to admission. Older course work may be accepted by petition process on a case-by-case basis.
In addition to completing all prerequisites with a "C" grade or better, applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher between WR 121, Math 95 (or higher), BI 231, BI 232, BI 233 and BI 234.