Looking for detailed topographic maps of Oregon, Washington, or California?
The Library provides access to Oregon, Washington, and California topographic map software (Terrain Navigator) on public campus computers (i.e., in the computer labs and in the Library).
How to access topo maps:
- On a lab or Library campus computer, click the start button, then select "All Programs."
- Select the "Class Applications" menu.
- Select the "Mapping" option.
- "My Topo Terrain Navigator" should appear as one of the options (see image below). Click on "Terrain Navigator Pro," and you'll have access to detailed topographic maps for Oregon, Washington, and California, searchable by place name.
How to Change Maps in the Topo Map Software
The topo map software opens by default to a map of Oregon. If you want the maps for Washington or California, follow these steps:
- Under the File menu at the top of the screen, select "Change CD..."
- In the window that opens next, choose the state for which you wish to view maps and click "OK."
- Under the File menu, select "Open Map" to view the map for your selected state.
Our paper map collection includes USGS 7.5 minute and 15 minute series maps for Oregon, as well as historical maps of Bend (1913-1928). We also have current world atlases, road atlases and maps of regional interest.
You can view paper maps and our nifty world globe in our map area, just beyond the Information Desk.