Group Study Rooms
The Barber Library has 13 group study rooms available to current COCC and OSU-Cascades students, faculty, and staff.
The addition of three study rooms on the main floor and these policies, implemented in November 2011, were a direct result of the library space survey we did in Spring 2011. Many of the comments addressed the use of study rooms. You can view the survey results, including comments, here. Additional comments and feedback can be addressed to Tina Hovekamp at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Group Study Room Policy
- Your valid COCC or OSU-Cascades card is required for access to group study rooms. Current COCC and OSU-Cascades students, faculty, and staff have a priority in the use of these rooms.
- Rooms are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. You may not reserve them.
- Rooms check out for 3 hours. If you overstay your 3 hour checkout, you may be asked to leave to accommodate another group.
- When finished with the room, you must lock the room and turn in the key at the circulation desk.
- Rooms are designated for group collaboration, not individual study. While individuals may use a room if not occupied by a group, Library staff may ask individuals to surrender the space if requested by a group.
- The North Oregon Room is designated for larger group use. Groups with more than 6 members have priority for checking out the key for this room. The South and Middle Oregon Rooms are unlocked and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The white boards in the group study rooms are for your use, but we ask that you use dry-erase markers only and erase your work before you vacate the room. You can check out dry-erase markers and erasers at the circulation desk.
- You may not leave your personal property unattended in the group study rooms at any time. The Library is not responsible for lost or stolen items. If you exit a study room and leave personal property, Library staff may remove your personal items to allow other students to use the room.
- Seven study rooms are equipped with a computer. You may also check out a laptop to use in the study rooms.
- If you lose a group study room key, there is an $8 key replacement charge.
- Leave group study rooms clean and tidy for the next group. Dispose of trash, clean the white board, and lock the door when leaving.