Information Literacy Instruction
The Library offers information literacy (IL) instruction in a variety of formats:
- Credit courses for students:
Lib 100, Lib 127, Lib 227 description & outcomes
- Faculty education: one-on-one training, assignment design, and workshops
- Classroom IL Sessions: hands-on experience for the whole class, led by a librarian
(faculty, click on the "Schedule an IL Session" button above to schedule a classroom visit)
Faculty Education & Support
Classroom IL Sessions
Classroom IL sessions are most effective when...
- held in a computer lab. Hands-on experience is important for students to learn and remember these new concepts and skills.
- tied to a specific assignment.
- they focus on one or two specific resources rather than a general overview of the Library's resources. (Remember, we'll help you design an effective research assignment, too!)