In this course, you will learn to find, evaluate, and responsibly use web-based and other information resources for college-level research. This course is for students who want an introduction to information resources and basic research skills.
Library 100 Outcomes
Students who successfully complete LIB 100 will be able to...
- Identify key resources on the COCC Barber Library webpage.
- Locate and use COCC Information Commons services, including circulation desk; ordering articles and other materials; "ask a librarian" and reference desk.
- Access and use online reference resources; for example, Barber Library's Credo, Gale and Oxford online reference collections.
- Use online catalogs to acquire print and online books appropriate for a selected topic.
- Identify and use databases to acquire articles appropriate for a selected topic.
- Demonstrate responsible use of information and citations, covering: free web information (Wikipedia, etc.); print and online books, articles, and reference materials.
- Identify various forms of
information - and their value - including: free web information (Wikipedia, etc.); print
and online books, articles, reference materials, newspapers, interviews,
recorded material, etc.