In this course, you will learn to find, evaluate, and responsibly use web-based and other information resources. This course is for students who want an introduction to information resources and research skills.
Library 100 Outcomes
Students who successfully complete LIB 100 will be able to...
- Navigate to COCC Barber Library webpage and identify key resources on that webpage.
- Locate and use COCC Information Commons services, including circulation desk; ordering articles and other materials; "ask a librarian" and reference desk.
- Access and use online reference resources; for example, Barber Library's Credo, Gale and Oxford online reference collections.
- Successfully use online catalogs to acquire print and online books appropriate for a selected topic.
- Successfully identify and use databases to acquire articles appropriate for a selected topic.
- Demonstrate responsible use of information and citations, covering: free web information (Wikipedia, etc.); print and online books, articles, and reference materials.
- Recognize various forms of
information - and their value - including: free web information (Wikipedia, etc.); print
and online books, articles, reference materials, newspapers, interviews,
recorded material, etc.