The ITS department provides laptops that can be checked out by current employees of the college. Laptops are not checked out to students. ITS attempts to make laptops available as requests come in, on a first come-first serve basis based on the time-frame/guidelines listed below.
Academic Year (Sept 15-June 15)
Policy: During the academic school year, the checkout period is as follows: A) Short Term checkout: maximum 1 week (period is not to exceed 7 calendar days and can include weekend days); B) Long Term checkout: maximum 1 month (period not to exceed 31 calendar days). If a user needs a laptop for a period between 1 week and 1 month then a long term checkout laptop will be issued.
Summer (June 16-Sep 14)
Policy: During the summer, the checkout period is as follows: A) Short Term checkout: maximum 2 weeks (period not to exceed 14 calendar days); B) Long Term check out: maximum 3 months (period not to exceed 90 calendar days). If a user needs a laptop for a period between 2 weeks and 3 months then a long term checkout laptop will be issued.
Process to reserve and check out a laptop
1) Create an ITS help desk ticket (https://vm-ithelpdesk.ad.cocc.edu/EndUserPortal.jsp) - Choose Equipment Checkout/Equipment Reservation from the category choices; please include the day you want to pick up the laptop and the day you will return and the department for which you work.
2) ITS will notify you via email to confirm your reservation or notify you if a laptop is not available. ITS will track the checkout dates in the help desk ticket and follow up with you if you are late in returning the laptop. ITS may or may not be able to extend the length of your reservation based on the time of year and number of laptop reservations.
3) Come to PIO 106 to check out the laptop on the day you have reserved.
4) Return the laptop with all of the items included in the laptop case by the due date.
· The ability for ITS to check out a laptop is dependent on the supply of laptops. The system is first come first serve and help desk ticket dates will determine the order of priority.
· one long term check out per individual; departments or groups cannot check out multiple long term laptops, but may check out the short-term laptops (depending on availability).
· The individual checking out the laptop is responsible for the laptop.
· If the individual checking out the laptop loads software on the device, that software will not be available in future uses.
· Save all documents on a USB storage device and not on the laptop as these files will not be available for later recovery.