Multicultural Mentoring Program
Course Objectives: MMP provides an interactive, adventure-based experience for high school students of varying cultural heritages. During this course, participants will:
- Develop and articulate goals as individuals and as members of a team and mentoring community.
- Experience and articulate cultural heritage and explore positive ways to share the richness of their culture with others in the community.
- Develop an understanding for different styles of leadership and explore their personal leadership styles and qualities.
- Explore issues of personal responsibility and attitude.
- Recognize and explore strategies for diffusing conflict.
- Develop and practice oral communication skills.
- Enhance their writing skills.
- Become aware of issues and initiatives affecting the Latino community and explore strategies for addressing those issues.
- Gain an awareness of the benefits of post-secondary education and an understanding of how to apply and transition to higher education