The COCC Veterans Coordinator certifies education benefits for veteran students and is located at the Boyle Education Center. Office hours are Monday through Thursday 9:00-4:00. Veteran students may contact the Veterans Coordinator by phone at 541-383-7264 or by email email@example.com. Appointments are not needed to visit with the Veterans Coordinator during office hours.
Students who believe they may be eligible for Veterans Educational Benefits or are a dependent of a veteran should complete the Veterans online application. In order for a son, daughter or spouse of a veteran to receive Veterans Administration (VA) benefits one of the following must apply:
- A veteran who died or is permanently and totally disabled as the result of a service-connected disability. The disability must arise out of active service in the Armed Forces.
- A veteran who died from any cause while such service-connected disability was in existence.
- A service member missing in action or captured in line of duty by a hostile force.
- A service member forcibly detained or interned in line of duty by a foreign government or power.
- A service member who is hospitalized or receiving outpatient treatment for a service connected permanent and total disability and is likely to be discharged for that disability.
Processing time for this application by the Veterans Administration (VA) can take approximately four to six weeks.
Prior to the certification process, the Veterans Coordinator will require the following documentation:
- Copy of Certificate of Eligibility
- Submit all OFFICIAL military and college transcripts
For veterans or dependents who have already started to use their VA Educational Benefits, they must see the Veterans Coordinator to complete the "Change in Place or Program". This form must be submitted before certification process can begin. Contact the Veterans Coordinator for this form.
Click below if you are a veteran
and would like more information
on how to apply for
VA Educational Benefits.
Click below if you are a dependent
of a veteran and would like more
information on how to apply for
VA Education Benefits.