In September of 2013, staff and faculty met to develop an
improved institutional understanding of the numerous steps in the curriculum process
and how they interrelate. A goal of the
discussion was to identify opportunities
for working together to create a clear, cohesive process across the college.
The questions posed were the following::
- What is the curriculum process at COCC from
start to finish?
- How does curriculum development and approval
impact departments outside of instruction?
- Once curriculum is developed by faculty and
approved by the Curriculum Committee and the State, how does the College
- How does the College ensure it is accurate and
accessible to students through the catalog, advising, registration, financial
- How does the College report and communicate
accurate information on student activity to external stakeholders?
The imbedded Curiculum A-Z
process document is a summary of this discussion.